Last updates: January 2014.
This Privacy Statement applies to our collection, use and disclosure of information about you on Henkel’s North America websites, http://na.henkel-adhesives.com and brand specific sites for our customers in North America, mobile applications and social media platforms (“Website” or “Websites”) and does not apply to third party websites accessible via hyperlinks from this Website or other Henkel entities located outside of North America. This Privacy Statement applies to personal information we obtain from and about individuals interacting with Henkel and our Websites (including job applicants), regarding our products, services or career opportunities. It does not apply to personal information about Henkel employees.
By using our Websites in any way, such as browsing or interacting, you signify that you agree with the terms of our current Privacy Statement as posted here. If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, you should not use our Websites.
Henkel may update this Privacy Statement from time to time by updating the link on its home pages, with the date of last update noted. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement frequently to stay informed as your continued use of our Websites following the posting of changes to these terms means that you consent to such changes.
3. Information Collected
You can visit our Websites without telling us who you are or revealing personal information about yourself, however, doing so may render certain areas of the Websites unavailable to you. You can, however, provide personal information (defined as any information that can be used to identify an individual, such as name, address, telephone number, or email address).
The types of information that Henkel may collect about you include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information (such as name, address, city, state, province, Postal/ZIP code, email address and telephone number)
- Product preferences
- Demographic information (such as age range, gender, date of birth, marital status, Postal/ZIP code, and household composition)
- Social Security Number (in limited circumstances Henkel may collect SSN, for example if you win a sweepstakes or receive compensation that must be reported for government tax purposes)
- Photographs and videos (that are submitted by customers via websites, mail in, contests or sweepstakes)
- Employment application information (such as SSN, Driver’s license, financial information, background screening, and gender or race [as permitted by law])
If you choose to participate in activities such as Website registrations, contests, sweepstakes, questionnaires, surveys, consumer service contacts, product purchases, mobile applications, social media platforms, or through our Career Center or employment inquiries, Henkel will collect the personal information that you provide. We may enhance or merge the information that you provide to Us directly with information from other sources, including third parties for the purposes described below.
4. Information Use
We collect, maintain and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- helping to establish and verify the identity and eligibility of users;
- opening, maintaining, administering and servicing users profiles, accounts or memberships;
- processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- providing services and support to users;
- conducting sweepstakes, surveys and contests, and to provide the results thereof;
- improving the Website, including tailoring it to users' preferences;
- providing users with product or service updates;
- sending promotional notices, offers or other targeted marketing, and other information about Henkel;
- responding to your questions, inquiries, comments and instructions;
- maintaining the security and integrity of our systems; and
- understanding consumer preferences across multiple brands.
Information that you provide when applying for a job or an internship via our Careers Center is used for providing you with information about employment opportunities, administering the application process and considering you for employment if you apply for a job or an internship via our Careers Center.
5. Technology Logging, Cookies, and Related Techniques
When you interact with our Websites, your browser or device may communicate with the technical information that we use as part of our services. For example, as you use our Websites, your browser communicates with our technology, which in turn keeps records of your interactivity and requests for services and content to assist Us in managing and improving the utility of our Websites, and to conduct research and analysis on its use. The types of such interactive information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, URL, requests made, pages visited, activities conducted on the page, day and time of visit and related technical usage information.
Most Internet browsers enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to utilize or learn more about these functions. Our Websites may not function properly if your browser or device is configured so it does not accept these associated cookies and other technical means. At this time, Henkel does not honor embedded Do Not Track (DNT) functionality in Internet browsers.
6. Data Sharing and Storage
Henkel will not sell your personal information to any other third party without your consent, unless disclosed to you at the time the information is collected.
Henkel may disclose your information to third parties for the following:
- We may use unaffiliated companies such as agents or contractors (“Third Parties”) to help Us maintain and operate our Websites, to provide you with services that you have requested, to conduct sweepstakes, contests and promotions, to perform outsourced recruitment functions for Us, or for other reasons related to the operation of our business. In the event We provide personal information to these Third Parties, they are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide the required services for Henkel.
- We reserve the right to release your personal information if required to do so by law, search warrant, subpoena, court order or upon request of government authorities.
- We may provide your personal information to third parties in connection with the sale or transfer of a business to which you submitted your information.
- Henkel may share your personal information with its affiliated companies and subsidiaries, some of which may be located outside of the United States as well as, with business partners for Henkel marketing activities.
Your personal information will be stored for a reasonable amount of time in Henkel databases some of which are located outside of the United States, and will be automatically transferred to these databases for storage and maintenance.
7. Social Media Platforms
Our Websites’ web pages may embed plugs-ins, widgets or other apps of various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, among the more popular. An example of such a plug-in is Facebook’s “Like” button. When you encounter those embedded objects, your Internet browser may make a direct connection to the social media platform’s service and may share with the social media platforms information such as which of our Websites you have visited.
You may also choose to provide us with access to certain personal information stored by such social media platforms. The personal information we may have access to would vary by social media platform and is controlled by privacy settings on that platform and your choices. By linking to our Websites while logged into a social media platform, you agree that Henkel may use your information from these platforms in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Henkel will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. Agents or contractors of Henkel who have access to your personal information in connection with providing services for Henkel are required to keep the information confidential and are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Henkel. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the Internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception.
Henkel has no intention of collecting any personal information from individuals under 13 years of age, and users under age 13 should not submit any personal information to us. Where appropriate, Henkel will specifically instruct children not to submit such information on our Websites or advertisements. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information or a parent or guardian of a child contacts us through the contact information provided below, we will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
10. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
You are in control of the personal information you provide to Henkel via our Websites.
If you have submitted personal information through a Henkel Website and you would like to have information deleted from our databases, please send such request to Henkel Privacy Inquiries via e-mail at email@example.com, or send a letter to: Henkel Privacy Inquiries, Communications Department, Henkel Corporation, One Henkel Way, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. We will then use reasonable efforts to remove your personal information from our files and confirm to you that your personal information has been deleted (save for an archival copy which is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet). The archival copy is retained only for so long as Henkel reasonably considers necessary for audit and record purposes. If you have subscribed to a particular e-mail newsletter or other communication (such as the Dial soap newsletter), you should follow the instructions in the e-mail newsletter or on a related website to unsubscribe.
If you have created a resume using our Careers Center you may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your account profile information or resume at any time. Simply log into your account, go to your profile or resume, and make the necessary changes. You may delete your resume from our online database at any time by accessing your account.
11. Links to Other Websites
Our Websites may contain links to other websites. Henkel is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of the other websites. Please note that the privacy policies applicable to such third party websites may differ significantly from the Henkel Privacy Statement, so we advise you to read them carefully before using those websites. Henkel cannot be held liable for any actions by or content of such third party websites.
12. Mobile Applications Privacy Statement
Henkel has developed certain mobile applications that you may download to your mobile device. When you download a mobile application there may be an opportunity for you to provide us with or for us to obtain information about you such as contact information, product preferences, photographs, or other information. Information obtained through a mobile application will be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Henkel is committed to working with consumers to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any queries, complaints or disputes about privacy. Please send us your questions or comments regarding our privacy practices by emailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or sending us a letter addressed to:
Henkel Privacy Inquiries
One Henkel Way
Rocky Hill, CT 06067