How to Apply LOCTITE® Threadlocker
|Browse Products||Buy Now||Contact Us|
|About Threadlockers||Choosing a Threadlocker||Bonding vs Fastening|
- For best results, clean all surfaces (external and internal) with a LOCTITE® cleaner and allow to dry.
If the material is an inactive metal or the cure speed is too slow, spray all threads with an activator such as LOCTITE® 7471 or 7649 and allow to dry.
- Shake the product thoroughly before use.
- To prevent the product from clogging in the nozzle, do not allow the tip to touch metal surfaces during application.
- For thru holes, apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
- For blind holes, apply several drops of the product down the internal threads to the bottom of the hole.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
- For sealing applications, apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting, leaving the first thread free. Force the material into the threads to thoroughly fill the voids. For bigger threads and voids, adjust product amount accordingly and apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also.
- Remove with standard hand tools.
- In rare instances where hand tools do not work because of excessive engagement length or because a high strength product was used, apply localized heat to nut or bolt to approximately 250°C.
- Disassemble while hot.
- 250 ml and 50 ml push-pull nozzle
- 250 ml and 50 ml Loctite® hand pumps
- LOCTITE integrated semiautomatic dispenser, dispense valve and stationary dispense valve
- For more information, visit www.equipment.loctite.com
| Active Metals |
|Anodized Aluminum||Natural or Chemical Black Oxide||Plain Steel|
Discover the difference between Red, Blue, Green, and Purple Threadlockers