|Browse Products||Buy Now||Contact Us|
Seal Gaskets vs. Gasketing Sealants
Seal gaskets, or sealing gaskets, are used to bind objects together and prevent leakage once the bond is secure. While seal gaskets are used in many manufacturing, maintenance and repair industries to accomplish this task, many companies are turning to a more reliable and affordable alternative – gasket sealants.
Seal Gaskets vs. Gasket Sealants
Pre-cut sealing gaskets may provide an effective sealing solution, but they are manufactured in multiple sizes and must be kept in stock for when a repair becomes necessary. A gasketing sealant, such as a liquid gasket, can be used in place of existing gaskets for any type of flange – rigid, permanent assemblies and non-rigid vibrating assemblies.
Economical and Versatile Gasket Sealing
Henkel’s gasket sealants / flange sealants can provide up to 95% material savings over hard gaskets while offering flexibility in design, allowing for lower cost manufacturing methods. This gasket sealing method also provides resistance to low pressures immediately after flange assembly.
In addition, there are silicone gasketing sealants available in numerous formulations that are low odor and provide resistance to chemicals, solvents and corrosion.
Find the right gasket sealing product for your application -
Anaerobic Gasket Sealants / Flange Sealants
Cured in Place Gasket Sealants / Flange Sealants
Elastomeric Gasket Sealants / Flange Sealants
Formed in Place Silicone Gasket Sealants / Flange Sealants
Gasket Sealing Dressings
Light Cure Gasket Sealants / Flange Sealants
RTV Gasket Sealants / Flange Sealants
Urethane Gasket Sealant / Flange Sealant
Gasket Sealant Benefits
With Henkel gasketing sealant, customers can be sure of:
- No shimming effect; controlled tolerances mean no need for re-torquing
- All voids filled, reducing the need for a fine surface finish of flanges
- Parts that can be disassembled easily even after extended service
- Resistance to high pressure when fully cured
- Widely used as formed-in-place gaskets that produce leak-proof seals between mating flanges
- Prevent leakage of moisture, gasses, fluids, or contaminants
- Remain a liquid when exposed to air, but cure when confined between mating flanges
- Provide a low cost, high quality alternative to molded rubber, paper, metal and other hard gaskets
Henkel gasket sealant products can be applied manually or by automated methods such as tracing, stenciling, and screen-printing. These sealants are equally effective on a variety of metal surfaces, including aluminum, and most are resistant to gasoline, oil, and other solvents.
Henkel has the silicone to meet all your needs: